Tape Measures for woodworking

Page 4 of 4
On 10/31/2011 12:22 PM, Han wrote: ...

If it were a mis-measurement, sure, but in this case it isn't a mistake, it's a deliberate compensation.
It's the _correct_ measurement for laying out so that the span will work correctly for 8-ft sheets, a most common dimension for sheathing, subflooring, etc., etc., etc.
If the truss/rafter/joist system is adequate on 19.67" centers, it's certainly adequate on a _closer_ spacing since that shortens the distance between them and thereby decreases the deflections, etc. from what would be (a few percent at most so not enough to make any practical difference, but it _is_ the conservative direction).

It isn't metric at all. Mike was just caught dishing out his usual bullshit again and is trying to backpeddle.
--

On 10/31/2011 12:22 PM, Han wrote:

> A difference of .47" is more than 1 cm, the width of a pinky nail, and
On 11/1/11 4:27 PM, Josepi wrote:

Yet, dipshit Josepi never has any fact to back up his claims. You sure have quite a hard-on for me, sugar.
--

-MIKE-

I treat you exactly the same as you to me. Somebody needs to show you a reflection of your arrogance. In fact I have learned the attitude from you, sweetpants.
------ "-MIKE-" wrote in message Yet, dipshit Josepi never has any fact to back up his claims. You sure have quite a hard-on for me, sugar.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

All but the ones that don't.

For real engineering, where accuracy is important, I'd prefer SI units, but hey, I'm a retired biochemist with initial education definitely outside US.
--
Best regards
Han

Fastcap ProCarpenter tapes. Good features, $8, lifetime warranty. https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/ProCarpenter-3p112.htm I had one die the other day - one call and the replacement arrived 4 days later. No proof of purchase necessary, didn't require me to send the dead one back.
The ProCarpenter Tape Measure is an incredibly innovative tape measure. We have developed this special tape with many innovative features: - Lever action belt clip - Pencil sharpener - Dual locking system - Erasable notepad - Heavy-duty 1-inch blade - High-contrast tape - Rugged compact design.
Four blade styles available: PMS - The PMS features Metric and standard measurements identifying increments down to 1/16" and millimeter. PSSP - The Story Pole features a blank edge of the blade for writing your notes AND standard measurements on the other edge. PS - The PS features Standard measurements that are readable when the tape is extended from either the right or left hand. PMMR - The Metric/Metric Reverse features metric measurements that are readable when the tape is extended from either the right or left hand. PSSR - The Standard/Standard Reverse features standard measurements that are readable when the tape is extended from either the right or left hand.
On 10/31/11 9:27 PM, RicodJour wrote:

What is this dual locking system? I can't find anything about it on their site.
BTW, a pet peeve..... I'm watching their videos.... if you're going to be a woodworker/carpenter/engineer, please for the love of all that is holy and just..... learn that there is no such word as, "heighth."
--

-MIKE-

These boys make some real nice tapes..
http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct 2&idcategory=0