Tape

What kind of tape do you use mostly in duct tape applications?
I'm out of gaffer's tape, only had a six year supply when I retired, and I just used the last. Bought some Gorilla tape once, and it was really tough, and stayed soft a while.
I need to tape a hose onto a fitting on a vacuum. Already have screws and hose clamp, but have to seal some holes because hose had to be split to fit over fitting.
Is there any equivalent to gaffer's tape, and where it is sold, what is the "proper" name for asking a parts man?
Steve
"Steve B" wrote:
> What kind of tape do you use mostly in duct tape applications? > > I'm out of gaffer's tape, only had a six year supply when I retired, > and I just used the last. Bought some Gorilla tape once, and it was > really tough, and stayed soft a while. > > I need to tape a hose onto a fitting on a vacuum. Already have > screws and hose clamp, but have to seal some holes because hose had > to be split to fit over fitting. > > Is there any equivalent to gaffer's tape, and where it is sold, what > is the "proper" name for asking a parts man? ------------------------------------------ Google "gaffers tape" and stand back.
Lew
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 19:44:24 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I suggest a better quality, heavy duty duct tape. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pV121&cat=1,110,43466

---------------------------------------- To the above, NADA.
Below is what I wrote.
------------------------------------------ Google "gaffers tape" and stand back.
Lew
"Steve B" wrote in message
Is there any equivalent to gaffer's tape, and where it is sold, what is the "proper" name for asking a parts man? ================================================================Ask for gaffers tape at home depot, staples, or, better yet, Google.
Steve B wrote the following on 3/3/2013 10:36 PM (ET):

Home Depot sells a 2" x 60 yard roll of gaffers tape for $24.97. http://preview.tinyurl.com/clxwfmy
I don't find a listing in Lowes.
Walmarts has Gaffer Tape. http://preview.tinyurl.com/czl6t3e
--