Talc as Rust Protection

Page 8 of 8

Talc is primarily magnesium tetrasilicate and provides electrowhateveritscalled protection for iron. AFAIK, 'moisture intrusion' is not an issue.
The iron pillar at Qutab Minar, India has been preserved for about 1700 years by traces of magnesium compounds on it's surface and in the soil.
--

FF

WOW! - HERE WAS A "GENERAL INFO" POST THAT SPUN COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL!
Actually, As I posted earlier I have used SLIPIT successfully for several years. Will continue to do so.
We really need to get this election over with. Even silly On-Topic posts are getting everyone's hackles up.
I'm Kinda sorry I started this.