Tailed Vs Stumpy Drills

Page 2 of 2
I use vix bits for shelf holes, never been a problem chipping with cordless in melamine.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my 8 year old last fall when I pulled out my Porter Cable corded drill. He asked "What's that?" My response was "It's a drill." His response was "Oh, I've never seen one with a wire on it before..." Funny how time moves on. ;-)
John
All that you say is true. I believe the argument that will no doubt ensue is pointless. They each have their places. Each far outperforms the other in its place. shrug. <G>

Groggy,
Having been recently re-enlightened, you need to read Tom Watson's 'Ode to a Corded Drill'
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page38.htm
Joe C.

I have both a Dewalt 3/8" corded drill and a Porter-Cable 1/2" 19.2V drill.
The cordless has way more torque than the corded drill. I was trying to drive screws into concrete once. The Dewalt would just stop with the screw having an inch to go. The Porter-Cable would drive them in another 1/2" and then snap them off. I ended up renting a Hitachi nail gun that uses the explosive charges to get my 2x4s anchored to the floor.
Brian Elfert