Tack Cloth Alternative

Someone told me the other day you can use "fabric softener sheets" like Dawny or something to remove sawdust from wood. Ever heard of this? And will it leave a residue that would affect any future staining.....Thanks

Reply to
buck

buck notes:

Don't know about Downy, but Swiffer (?) cloths work pretty well.

Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

aren't they a little more expensive? how much are swiffer sheets, tac cloth is only $1. I'd like to find something cheaper that works.

Reply to
Richard Clements

$6.59 for 32 sheets according to the box in our closet.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Richard Clements asks:

Old skivvies, drip in the finish you'll be using and wad them up a few times. Can'tg et much cheaper than rags and finish you already have on hand. Get them just short of really moist all through.

Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

If you can't afford a dollar for a tack rag, you can make your own:

cerskine

Reply to
Richard Clements

before or after taking them off, Charlie?

Reply to
mac davis

Why dip them in anything? Mine are moist enough already.

Uuuugh, I'm cringing just typing that, lol.

Reply to
TaskMule

So the Doctor told him, "Mr. Jones, we'll need a urine sample, a stool sample, and a s**en sample." Mr Jones (hard of hearing): "Huh? What'd he say?" Mrs Jones: "He says he needs your underwear."

Dave "I'm so sorry. I'm done now." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I switched to compressed air many years ago. It gets the dust out of porous wood grain like that found on Oak.

Reply to
Leon

mac davis asks:

Your choice. But will your butt fit in all those tight corners?

Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

Before or after adding the finish? ;-)

More serioulsy, how long does a swiffer sheet last? I get quite a bit of use out of a single 75 cent tack cloth by folding and re-folding as I go along.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

no, Charlie.. I meant the "Get them just short of really moist all through." part....

Reply to
mac davis