Tack Cloth Alternative

Someone told me the other day you can use "fabric softener sheets" like Dawny or something to remove sawdust from wood. Ever heard of this? And will it leave a residue that would affect any future staining.....Thanks
buck notes:

Don't know about Downy, but Swiffer (?) cloths work pretty well.
Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill
Charlie Self wrote:

aren't they a little more expensive? how much are swiffer sheets, tac cloth is only $1. I'd like to find something cheaper that works.

$6.59 for 32 sheets according to the box in our closet.
Frank
Richard Clements asks:

Old skivvies, drip in the finish you'll be using and wad them up a few times. Can'tg et much cheaper than rags and finish you already have on hand. Get them just short of really moist all through.
Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill
I've been using paint thinner, but was looking for something to use with an oil finish, thanks Charlie Self wrote:

On 15 Dec 2004 20:02:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

before or after taking them off, Charlie?
mac davis asks:

Your choice. But will your butt fit in all those tight corners?
Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill
On 15 Dec 2004 23:08:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

no, Charlie.. I meant the "Get them just short of really moist all through." part....

Why dip them in anything? Mine are moist enough already.
Uuuugh, I'm cringing just typing that, lol.

So the Doctor told him, "Mr. Jones, we'll need a urine sample, a stool sample, and a semen sample." Mr Jones (hard of hearing): "Huh? What'd he say?" Mrs Jones: "He says he needs your underwear."
Dave "I'm so sorry. I'm done now." Hinz
On 15 Dec 2004 20:02:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Before or after adding the finish? ;-)
More serioulsy, how long does a swiffer sheet last? I get quite a bit of use out of a single 75 cent tack cloth by folding and re-folding as I go along.
If you can't afford a dollar for a tack rag, you can make your own: http://www.ehow.com/how_1340_make-tack-rag.html

I switched to compressed air many years ago. It gets the dust out of porous wood grain like that found on Oak.