Tablesaw Wire Wheel Redux

Folks -
Put down your remote controls, I didn't put the wire wheel on the tablesaw. I ended up finishing things with the lathe, without incedent. About half of you thought it would be okay, half of you thought it would be insulting to the saw (these kinda choked me up, you guys know how to hurt a guy) about a third of you wanted to know what the hell I was doing to good redwood and about a quarter of you wanted to know what I'd been drinking.
China headed you all off at the pass. I *thought* that the wheel was good for 6,000 RPM... I was correct... The worn out wheel that was good for 6,000 rpm, got tossed out last month. The *new* wheel, with either a picture of Homer Simpson, or perhaps some guy wearing safety goggles, was only good for 3,750 rpm... The arbor speed of the General is 4,000 rpm, and I didn't trust Chinese manufacturing to be good for an additional 7%.
If'n I get a tougher wheel in the future, I may give it a try... As long as Patriarch doesn't read my posts...
John Moorhead

I can safely go out in the local gravel pit and bang a few shells of birdshot into my new Levi jeans...all is well...

Might I suggest not wearing them at the time?

Had I only know that when I was 'antiquing' my ball cap...
On Fri 10 Dec 2004 07:59:23p, "John Moorhead"

As I read over that other thread, it occurred to me that, assuming you were planning on running the wood through it just like it had a blade, in several passes to "treat" the whole board, it might result in an effect that didn't have enough randomization in it to make the wood look aged. It might end up looking like you ran it through a tablesaw with a wire wheel on it.
But I haven't run any experiments to check.