Tablesaw push stick?

Page 1 of 3
Does anyone know where I could find a pattern for a tablesaw push stick on the web that is comfortable to use? Regards. -Guy
you GOTTA be kidding!!
Now the rest of you guys here have an inkling of why I started the "Isn't relying on someone else's plans ..." thread back in August of last year???
sigh...
dave
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

Thou oughtest not to be slothful to the destruction of the miscreants, but to constrain them to obey our Lord God. --Rivers.
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Dave
Good news. I see our friend DE is still with us! I'll bet you enjoyed seeing his pictures. Did you see the pictures he's posted. (I liked your plywood printer stand too. ) Wow, I hope he gets to keep the router bits! He's always up to such interesting stuff in the shop. Isn't he. Now you can ask him those questions you've been having? I hope he doesn't get shy again. I'm not sure but I think somebody said something snarky to him. Would you know anything about it Dave? I'm sure it was just a maturity mistake.
Sometimes good people slip and do things they regret later. There isn't a man among us who hasn't made a mistake. It's sad but it happens. I'm sure we both agree whoever it was, is sorry and feels bad about it. In a sense, whoever it was, did something worse to himself. I think it's important to teach children that they will slip and fall but it is how they recover from it later that is important. And not let it define who they become, or to limit their growth.
After-all, we are what we do.
tsk, tsk.
I wouldn't want to spoil your fun by revealing your identity...
too bad for you I'm not biting.
keep trying though; you are mildly entertaining, if not somewhat transparent.
dave
Jules wrote:

make that "... if somewhat transparent".

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:36:45 -0500, Jules

ya know, jules... if you keep that up dave'll explode....
ah, don't bet the farm on that, Bridger.
dave
Bridger wrote: snip

Why would he explode? About what?
Bridger wrote:

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:19:55 -0500, Jules
the pressure in his head.....
having random thoughts again, Bridger?
dave
Bridger wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

I dunno, it looked/sounded pretty specific to me.
UA100
Say Dave, care to regale us with the technical term for the item the man is wanting a pattern for? Just remember, the term can't have "thingie" in it.
UA100, who is thing, Stick For Manipulating Wood Through Saw Cutting Machine has a good ring to it but may be a wee bit longish...
in other words.... "I'm too freaking lazy to search the internet myself"...
Should you be running power tools?

Thanks..........to the guys who gave me a freindly response.
Some responded to the fact that I should do a search myself.........well I did that before putting the question on the group. I didn't like anything I saw...........every site wanted to sell me something and I was just looking for something different than the pattern I have from my Delta unisaw manual. I thought this is what the group was for. If I can't use it for that I will just unsubscribe. Personally, I think it is people like Rod who should unsubscribe or just read and keep the fingers off the keyboard. There is many times I read threads on newsgroups and would like to answer the way he did but I just keep it to myself. Again.................thankyou to the people who responded in a helpful manner. Regards. -Guy

on
Guy:
It's not the question but how you ask it. If you had stated that you did a search and couldn't find anything you probably wouldn't have not have gotten the responses you did. Next time give a little more background to your question.

looking
Stay tuned for JOAT's next Google search class. Umm... when is the next one on the schedule?
And, you also didn't say that, so how is anyone to know?
* I didn't know I had to write a book before asking a question just to explain why I am asking the question.
Musta been using the wrong search words then. Did you try changing your search phrase?
* Yes, maybe I was using the wrong search words. I am not an expert on browsing the web and I don't want to be because I would never get anything done.
I thought this is what the group was for.
I beg your pardon?
* So what are newsgroups for if you can't ask questions?
If I can't use it for that I will just unsubscribe.
You didn't "subscribe" in the first place.
* I use Outlook Express to access newsgroups and the terminology they use is "SUBSCRIBE".
Personally, I think it is people like Rod who should unsubscribe or just read and keep the fingers off the keyboard.
Not really. I had the same thought. Probably a lot of others did too. After all, you didn't bother to say you had already looked, or any details. Lack of details, that'll get you every time.
* I'll try and remember that for next time. (I'll preceed my question with a book)
There is many times I read threads on newsgroups and would like to answer the way he did but I just keep it to myself.
OK.
Again.................thankyou to the people who responded in a helpful manner.
Guess that pretty well include everyone then. Including Rod. Hehehe
And, why in Hell do you put all thos periods in your sentences?
* I don't know, you tell me..............you seem to have all the answers.<grin>
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
* For a guy who doesn't seem to like things in point form, meaning that I should write a book before asking a question to explain why I am asking the question, you should do some work on your website..........it gets a little too much to the point for my liking (and yours).
"Guy LaRochelle" wrote in message

Everyone has different ideas about what's comfortable/safe, and that might well change with the task. I have made many different styles down through the years and settled on one that is comfortable for most rips (picture on the website below, Fixtures and Jigs page ... just one look at it will allow you to copy it, and be my guest.) YMMV.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

on