Tablesaw Power, Vintage Query

Folks -
OK, a couple of questions - all things equal, do any of you have feedback re 3 or 5 hp?? I don't regularly cut anything over 6/4, if that, and was wondering if the extra power is worth the money or additional risk of a more powerful kickback, should that ever happen...
Also, do any of you have any recommendations for websites for used saws that are for sale on the West coast? I don't know if there are "sweet spots" for particular versions of saws (unisaw and powermatic 66) but would like to learn more. I wouldn't mind buying an older saw if I found a good one.
Any recommendations, websites or arcane information on older saws and my power query would be appreciated.
TIA,
John Moorhead Lakeport, CA
John Moorhead wrote:

My Unisaw is fitted up with a single horsie R/I motor. It does the trick for me.

For a Unisaw it's pretty much everything from 1939 to 1974ish. I'm particularly fond of the mid-50's to mid/late 60's. If you insist on having a three horse you'll have to settle for something from the very late 60's forward. Prior to that Unisaws have a oval motor hole and the recommended fix is to butcher the side of the saw. This of course causes a rather nasty variety of dripping syphilis and will make you gay (of the raging queen type/think Christopher Lowell) and isn't recommended. There is research going on presently by a couple of OWWM members on making newer motors fit the older openings. Has to do with cutting the wiring box down, maybe some other stuff too. I don't pay attention too much to it onna 'count of I don't need to.

Try the OWWM?
UA100
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

snip
roflmao
ok keeter,,,pass me some windex and a paper towel,,,my monitor is soaked!
*BSEG*
Traves
What, you don't want to be a bishop?