Tablesaw Extension Wings, any suggestions

I'm finally getting around to shifting my shop around, and I'd like to make better use of the space my CTS extension wings use. What I'd like to do is mount my benchtop 10 inch portable Delta TS with a dado blade alongside, so I don't have to make so many blade changes. Has anyone done this? What's the best way to add extension tables?

The cast iron wings presently on the saw each attach with four bolts to the main table, and a couple more to the front and back rails. I'm leary about having the rails carry much weight, and throwing off the saw's accuracy.

I'd also like to make one more spot for a router table, since I have extra-long guide rails.

What's the best material that you folks have found? MDF? Melamine? What thickness? Do you use angle-iron to connect the new table to the old?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And if anyone has done something unique or uncommon to maximize that space, I would be glad to hear of it.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle