tablesaw

Anyone have the Delta 36-650? Pro's Cons on it. Read some reviews on Amazon but they were kinda contradictory. For what I do and the price range I'm looking at this and the Craftsman with the cast iron top and has the ribbed cast iron extensions. Both are the same price. Thanks,

Reply to
Mike S.

Take a close look at the Jet contractors saw. check the archives, the "what TS should I buy" comes up a lot.

Reply to
BiggMutt53

Here's a start...

a search in this newsgroup and you'll find lots of replies.. I just bought one and am learning it's soul. So far so good.

Reply to
Bri

Here's a start...

a search in this newsgroup and you'll find lots of replies.. I just bought one and am learning it's soul. So far so good.

Reply to
Bri

Here's a start...

a search in this newsgroup and you'll find lots of replies.. I just bought one and am learning it's soul. So far so good.

Reply to
Bri

I have two Delta 36-650s - one in the maintenance shop at the factory and it has stood up to a lot of abuse and still works fine.

I have one in my shop at home and have run a lot of wood through it making cabinets, some furniture, clocks, miscellaneous stuff. I have rental properties so I am forever making drawers, etc. I use a lot of Oak 3/4" thick and an Oldham blade and it cuts fine.

Bought an Incra 1000SE miter guage and it has almost replaced my cutoff sled. Can't say enough good things about it.

Ditched the blade guard and made a stub splitter that stays in place even when I use the crosscut sled and that was a great improvement.

The stock fence was easy to adjust and it is straight - I have had no problems with it and I seldom use a tape measure at the saw anymore. Just set the fence and make the cut.

It is accurate and repeatable.

Like any tool it requires cleaning and routine checkups.

I use Ed's TS-Aligner Jr. to check the setup every now and then - seldom have to adjust anything.

Very happy with it - no plans to "upgrade"

FWIW

Smokey

/// Smokey

Smokey