Tablelegs.com qualityi

Has anyone used these guys? I'm especially interested in oak farm table legs.

I need four farm table legs, and I'm a poor turner. Four of them would make four times as poor of a turner. This is why I typically build tables with tapered legs.

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Yes I have used them. I bought 4 Maple Bun feet from them in January. 2 of the feet were not turned correctly so that they appeared lopsided. Upon letting them know, they sent 2 more out, charging me for the additional 2 and with the under standing that I would get credit when I returned the 2 defective ones. When the 2 replacements arrived, 1 was made up of 4 pieces of wood and did not match the other 3 in appearance. Again they billed me for another one and I finally got 4 that matched 3 weeks after the initial order. Credit was SNAFU. They new replacements were billed at a higher price plus shipping and the credit was at the old price with no credit for shipping. The last one was never credited until after my 3rd call. After getting my credit card company involved I finally got full credit for the returned defective pieces. A word of caution, specify on your order that you want all of the pieces inspected before shipping and that all pieces match. Other than that, LOL, the pricing seemed to be good.

Reply to
Leon

I've used them a few times. I was a little dissapointed that the 2 3/4" x 36 Oak legs were made up of laminated pieces vs furniture stock but I understand that 12/4 Oak is a bit hard to come by at a decent price. However, they had done a great job of matching the stock. It actually looked to be be book matched from 6/4. So each leg matched well and I really had to llok to see that they were laminated. Actually didn't notice until about half way through the build. The legs didn't all match but they were well within the typical range of Red Oak and I had board stock in the poiece that had just as much variance.

The Pine versions of the same legs were from a single piece of stock.

The sanding could have been a bit better, but was pretty good. They had obviously only sanded on the lathe so there were light cross grain marks that I had to hand sand out.

I would say I consider them a good vendor. I assume if I was really worried about color matcvhing they would probably be one of the few people with enough stock on hand (for the price) to provide a matched set.

I asked a local guy that was pitching me for some of my turning work to price out the Oak legs for me and he couldn't touch it and he has zero overhead.

I will continue to use them.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Try

have used them several times, never a problem.

Ken

Reply to
Ken