Table Saws at Costco or Sam's Club???

After doing some initial research in this group and elsewhere, I'm convinced I would be sorry if I spend only $200 or $300 on my first table saw. I'm new to woodworking, but don't want to make a table saw repurchase after 2 or 3 years (if) when my skills advance.
I've seen some posts that mention some midrange deltas and jets in stock at Costco over the past year or two. I called my local Costoc yesterday and they told me they had a Dewalt in stock for $459, but could not tell me the model - not sure if it is the wookworking or portable model. I wasn't initally planning on a $500 budget, but if I can get a great price on a better saw, I'm there.
Can anyone tell me which models and prices they've seen at the warehouse clubs recently? I'm in the Midwest if that matters.
that dewalt would have to be a portable model at that price. my advice would be look for a used tablesaw in the want ads. you'll get more for your money that way and when/if you decide to upgrade or quit you can sell it for what you paid for it. a 10" delta contractors saw is fairly easy to come by used and will do allot. If you get hooked you'll want to upgrade to something nicer.
--
"If you are arrogant, who's going to care if you're the best?"

Don't underestimate Costco. A guy I know got a brand new 36" Toshiba HDTV for $300 there.
GTO(John)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:54:08 -0800, nickelpar wrote:

Buy the best you can afford. Period. You have already stated you are new to woodworking. Buy the best now and enjoy your new found hobby. Buy inferior goods and tools and soon your hobby will become ho-hum and fizzle.
Good tools are a delight to use.
About a year ago a friend of mine bought a Jet contractor saw at Costco for $500. I tried to do the same but they were gone when I got there. Like on of the other responders suggested, i scouted the local classifieds and found the same Jet for sale from a guy who decided he wasn't going to pursue woodworking. It was a year old with a couple nice blades, a mobile base, some throat inserts, and he threw in a couple clamps and an old Stanley #5 plane, all for $495. Don't be afraid of letting somebody else take the depreciation and dump their unwanted tools on you for a significant savings.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (nickelpar) wrote in message

nickelpar wrote:

Hell, Man, you don't even have your first saw and your already looking at this the 'right way'.
;)
Check out the used stuff in Sundays paper.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
Like the majority of the posts seem to be recommending--watch the local papers for sales, especially "estate sales"--they'll have some of the older, but better-built machines! I'm using an early '60's Craftsman-fine for what I need it for!
-- In golf, it's not the score that counts--it's the company!