Table saw tuneup on DeWalt 976

Hi Folks,
I am seeking any advice on setup and tuneup of a new DeWalt 976 table saw with optional cast iron wings. Specifically I want to know best practices on measuring table flatness, fence square an parallel to miter slots and blade/arbor runout.
Also, mentioned in one article I read in a magazine is a miter plane. I have not really found any planes specifically advertised as miter planes. Any pointers?
--
Joseph Crowe

For the table saw: http://www.ts-aligner.com
No idea about the miter plane.