Table Saw tune up

I'm trying to tune up my table saw because the blade lift has been very stiff. I've got it broken down but can't seem to get the pivoting shaft out(where the problem lies) Posted some pics in ABPW Any suggestions?
Also what do most here use to lube the trunnions?
On 2/22/2012 11:40 PM, ChairMan wrote:

I typically use a penetrating oil on all of the turning and sliding surfaces under the table. With out disassemble.

A can of spray dry-lube is your friend for this.
-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Have you tried turning it the other way?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

Never mind... thought it was something that might screw or bolt in initially.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

What kind of table saw is it (brand, model)?
RonB

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I never got the shaft out, but I clamped it to one of my horses and started lubing it with penetrating oil and working it up and down with a crowbar. Finally got it loosened up and then flooded it with WD-40 while I worked it up and down until it ran clear from rust. Now if I pull it to the up position on the horse it will fall to the down position. It moves like butta. Again, thanks for all the replies
On 2/23/2012 9:04 PM, ChairMan wrote:

WD 40 will eventually evaporate, be sure to put a more permanent lube in there.

I did, i blew out as much WD as I could then lubed it with real lube and graphite. I think I'll do this a little more often now, so it doesn't get so stiff again Thanks again for the suggestions

While you have your saw apart an old site had a great writeup on how to make your adjustment wheels more responsive.
Unfortunately it is now only available via the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20040203200907/http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html
be patient, it takes a while to load but is worth it. Loads much faster using Chrome than IE like most web pages.