table saw push stick or push block or ???

Tell me that you don't use it with the work piece across your lap!

I use mine quite a lot (gave away of all the other tools except the lights and the circular saw, though) but have never felt it to be unsafe. I've used my Makita, one-handed, on a ladder, though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Found it...

I don't care what you say, there's no way two bird's mouth push sticks are better than ONE of these. Anyone who's used both won't go back to push sticks.

Sideways pushing feather boards do very little to hold the stock down against the table. Unless you're using a featherboard vertical pressure, you still need to hold the work down. And then why would you bother setting it up when a shoe accomplishes both, safely, with one hand instead of two.

Some people are stuck in their ways and refuse to admit the advantages of new* ideas. (* the show type push block has to be at least 50 years old)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Hey, I may be stupid but I'm not _crazy_.

I've used a chainsaw on a ladder. Oh, you mean _standing_ on the ladder . . .

Reply to
J. Clarke

The handle is at about 45 degrees in back so you can put some downward pressure. You can make it as high as you want and change the angle to what makes you comfortable and safe. Simple physics. Get a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and you can make it as big or small as you want.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah. I used it to trim cedar siding, working off a ladder. Worked great. The Makita saw didn't have enough torque to get me into trouble. It cut cedar siding really well but not much more.

Reply to
krw

Is it make from ordinary laminated plywood?

Reply to
Bill

Yep ...

Simply make your own pattern and cut them out on the bandsaw/jigsaw about once every couple of years.

You can move the bottom "hook" further away from the handle, or orient the handle to curve the other way, whichever is more comfortable for you.

Use scrap 3/4" ply for some, 1/2" for some, and 1/4" for a smaller version when making edge banding.

Amazing how beat up they get, which would otherwise be a finger, or worse.

Reply to
Swingman

may not explain your alert but it does remind us that advertisers once again prove that no one and nothing is beneath them

yes i am suggesting the alert you got was from an malicious advertiser

Reply to
Electric Comet