Table Saw & Planer-Parts?

My dad died and left me his Craftsman 7 1/4" table saw and 4" planer. The saw carries a number of 103.23420 and when I search for it nothing comes up. I'm guessing this is so old that no one carries any parts or paperwork on it. It missing the guard and only has a 1/4 HP

1750 RPM Craftsman motor on it with step sheaves to change the speed +/- 20% or so. Any chance anyone knows where to get table extensions, a blade guard and/or any sort of parts manual or operators manual? I'm thinking that this should have about a 1/2 HP 3600 RPM motor on it but I'm concerned that the bronze bushings for the blade shaft may not be able to take the increased speed or torque. The shaft is 1/2" diameter and soft steel. I can make one from O-1 tool steel or use a piece of Thompson shafting but... The planer is a 4" Wallace Bench Planer with a cast in 1/4 HP 3450 RPM GE motor that I've repaired and have running without a guard. I remember what the guard looked like but dad took it off and got rid of it, I guess. Anybody know where I can get one? I've designed on and am having a friend cut it on his CNC machine but I'd like to have an original.

R. Wink

Reply to
R. Wink

I'm guessing this is so old that no one

1750 RPM Craftsman motor on it with step

table extensions, a blade guard and/or any

concerned that the bronze bushings for the

1/2" diameter and soft steel. I can make

that I've repaired and have running without a

it, I guess. Anybody know where I can get

like to have an original.

www3.sears.com has a parts list and exploded diagram of it. joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I'm guessing this is so old that no one

FWIW, the department number is 103, the part number is 23420. Don't get too concerned as you are looking for parts if someone leaves off the 103.

I just knew that year slaving in a Sears warehouse would pay off!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Gerdts