table saw opinions

Page 2 of 2

I understand why you might think it, but No, it isn't a "vendetta" against the saw. It is, however, a desire on my part to counteract the ridiculous amount of blind passion _for_ the saw by those "Sammy Suck-Ups" who populate a forum created by a modern-day Tom Sawyer. The BT 3100 is simply NOT the same thing as the BT 3000 -- the "innards" of the BT3100 have been cheapened to the point of being beyond absurd. As designed, built and delivered to the end user, the (3100) saw simply won't stand. the test of time. (The older BT 3000, on the other hand, had its own issues that all-in-all appear to be far more minor. The 3000 was well built in comparison.)

Don't make a hasty assumption based upon what you 1) want to hear and 2) simply haven't heard: grave concerns regarding the very points I bring up were raised when the BT3100 first hit the marketplace over 2-1/2 years ago.
Those concerns were raised by none other that the fellow who has so ably convinced the naive to pay him to keep his (one time hobby) website and forum going. (I have met a number of BT3100 owners and have come to fully understand why and how this guy can con folks into paying for his upkeep. It doesn't take substance -- just moxie.)
Mine is/was not a "lemon". What _is_ unusual is that I am very well versed about the machine and I stand out because I speak out about the reality of the thing.

Indeed, as I state right up front in my site, it is a very accurate saw (while it lasts). It _is_ a shame that it's made of really cheap fall-apart materials that won't stand the test of time. (Your saw _will_ commit "saw-i-cide" one of these days and you'll quickly be in the market for a real saw yourself..)
In the meantime, Do Enjoy It! For now, it's all you have and all you know and I celebrate that for you.
--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

--------------- I can not offer any comments on the merits of the 3000 vs the 3100...
BUT I have used my sons (It is a 3000)...enough to be LMAO...
I can think of plenty of Table Saws that retail new for under 1000 that are far...make that very much .. better ....
What I can NOT think of ...is.. even one.. that is good as his 3000 for 300 bucks...
Bob G
Steve
I can't comment on the BT3100 but certainly can on it's predecessor, BT3000 as I've been using it for 5 years and have not had a problem with it. It is very accurate and has seem more than it's fair share of hard usage. The main reason for getting this saw was a limited amount of space. It is light and easy to move around and will do anything that I throw at it.
Paul

made.