Table saw help

I use my table saw mostly for making picture frames as a hobby. When I need two sides @ 45 miters the same length, 30 inch or longer, what can I use for a stop to make them the same? Any replies apppreciated. Thank you.
A block of wood clamped to the fence? You don't say what you're using to run the pieces through, like a sled or a mitre guage, or tilting the blade or whatever. There's a wealth of knowledge in the archives of this newsgroup, too. Check it out. Tom
Tom, thanks for the reply. I'm using the mitre. Still need a way to cut 2 lengths the same. Need another idea. Thanks.
On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:04:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Use a miter sled, with a stop fixed to the fence(s).
--
Art

Not familar with a miter sled. Could you please explain? Thanks.
On Tue, 16 May 2006 14:46:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Google is your friend. I've put a few of the results of s simple search here. I'm sure you can find more.
http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/howto_crosscut.htm http://www.newwoodworker.com/mitrsldpln.html http://www.djmarks.com/woodworks/mitersled.asp
--
Art

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Google for "crosscut sled". Do an image search.
Imagine putting a 45 degree angle fence on it. Make that fence long enough to use a stop to cut consistent lengths.
Google for "miter sled".
--

FF

On Tue, 16 May 2006 11:01:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

A hobby should be fun. Get the right equipment, or set up a jig. I've only seen it once, but a guy I knew had a cast iron [really well made] setup. He ran it along the miter guide slot, turn it a notch for the other piece and they fit every time. They didn't have to be bang on, just bang on with each other to form 90 degrees.
Three steps:
1. Got to this site: http://www.in-lineindustries.com/single_dubby.html and buy the item you see pictured. 2. Take your existing mitre guage and melt it down. 3. Sell that to a scrap dealer. You will never use it again.
Standard disclaimer: No affiliation other than customer.
I cheat. I cut each side slightly longer than I need. I pair them and fasten them together I then trim each pair to the proper lenght, remove the fasteners and place them on the oposite sides. I use to use small nails but find that staples work just as well and don't leave as big of holes in the frame.
I use a square miter gauge as found at Rockler with an extended face.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

What about double-sided tape?
Just a thank you to all that replied to my question on a stop for getting 2 lengths the same with a miter. Great ideas. Thanks guys.