Table saw guide rail

Hi,
I Bought a used table saw and the front guide rail is lightly folded. Replace the part will cost 120$, so I prefer to try to redress it. It is a tubular rail like the #8 (422-04-055-0001) on this web site : https://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/TableSaws/CS4L.htm
The rail is folded at one point but it is not curved.
Is there a special way to do it. Do I have to heat it ?
Your help is always appreciated.
S.B.

Who quoted you the $120 price? I haven't researched the price, but that sure does seem high.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Holy Cow - forget that question. I looked up the price and you aren't kiddin'. Man - they're awfully proud of that chunk of steel.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I had the same opinion that this Rail could NOT be 120 bucks... but I guess it really is....Sheeze !
To be honest I still use a old Rockwell Delta contractors saw but use it 100 percent of the time with a sled for crosscutting...
IF I was faced with spending 120 bucks to replace the rail on my Delta I would say forget that and buy a Bies Homeshop Fence or other T square aftermarket fence ....MUCH MUCH better fence and really not that much extra money... Spend 200-300 and get a very good fence or spend 120 and end up with a workable fence that I personally fought with almost every time I used it ..in short I hated the original fence on my Rockwell/Delta... .
It is really 120$ (can.): 90$(rail) + 10$ (taxes) + 20$ (S+H).
I am agree with your opinion.
S.B.

Spend the money and be done with it. Unless you can get the bar back to PERFECT you will never be happy with it. It has to be perfectly straight.

Have you checked ebay (or other places) for a used one? This fence system is pretty common on the used market because a lot of them have been upgraded.
Mike O.
I have a front rail and fence available as the unisaw i bought had no back rail. I've upgraded my fence and would gladly sell mine at a much lower price. if interesest send e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Brad

Don't try to fix it. You will never get it right and your fence will not track parallel to the slot/blade.
There should be lots of them out there to buy reasonably because so many people have upgraded from a Jet Lock to another type of fence. Before you pay $120 you need to consider that.
Frank
They "give away" many Jetlock fences on the Ebay....
I would look there first....
You might consider a much better fence...
SBO wrote:

Like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Delta-or-Rockwell-Unisaw-or-Contractors-Saw-Fence-Rails_W0QQitemZ7584465490QQcategoryZ20789QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem