Table Saw Dust Collection

I just purchased a dust collector for my small shop. Now i need to figure out how to rig my contractors saw for dust collection. I'm thinking about enclosing the bottom of the saw with 1/4" ply. Are there things that I should and shouldn't do? Should I use a baffle inside the enclosure?

Reply to
gary

In general, it's very hard to get "good" dust collection on a contractors saw, altho you can get "OK" collection on one.

What I did with mine was to funnel it down towards the back (under the motor) so that you have no abrupt changes and put a 4" male fitting at the end of the funnel.

Next up was closing in the back of the cabinet...I did this with some 1/8" thick tempered hardboard, cutting and fitting to close off as much as I could. As I very rarely cut a bevel on my saw, I just remove what I have to in order to tilt the blade and fill in with a piece or two of cardboard.

There are usually enough gaps and openings between the table and the cabinet that you will not have to worry about blocking it iff too much and starving you DC system.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

Delta makes an adapter that has a bit of taper to the hole and hose connector. You may want to look into using that or making a similar setup to fit your saw. I use 1/4" plywood to cover the back of my saw and left clearance for the belt. Overall, works pretty good.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Congrats on the new saw!

Here is a simple way that but you need to remove for angled cuts.

with an adapter or shoot at the bottom does a good job.

This is a little more complicated but allows you to tilt the saw.

now use this method and it works great. Just don't drop the arbor nut when changing blades ;-)

Reply to
Limp Arbor

I did the same except that it is held on with magnets and I just slip it off for bevel cuts.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Reply to
woodchuck1957

This is the dust port you want, very reasonably priced also.

woodchuck1957

No-Calk Roof Flashing you get at Home Depot for under $5. This is perfect for a 3 or 4" PVC pipe, because thats what it's made for. This is what I used on my table saw and jointer.

You can see a picture of it here:

Jack Stein

Why don't you check out Grizzly. I got a plastic one with my saw. I'm sure it would fit any contractors saw. You may have to get it from their parts department;. Tell them you want the one for the G0444Z You may have to install some hold down clips.

Reply to
Joe

Grizzly wants $15.50 for it Item # 143. It has a 4" opening for a dust collector hose. By the time you buy what others have suggested it'll cost you more than that.

Reply to
Joe

how to install it. I have read what they say about this item at PSI several times and I'm confused. lol ...Any idea how how it would be mounted under the saw?

Reply to
gary

As with most dust connections there aren't any instructions. I mounted mine from under the saw useing #10 bolts with Nylock nuts and washers. I think some of you are missing the advantages to the PSI dust hood. If you go to the website it's explained in detail as to why this is the best dust hood on the market.

Reply to
woodchuck1957