table saw comparision questions

I've read all the reviews I could find and have come down to either the Delta 36-650 or 36-444. Not to much differences and they are the same price. The 36-444 no load speed is 3,000 rpm and the 36-650 no load speed is 4,000 rpm. What is the advantage/disadvantage of either speed ? The 36-444 says it made in the US and the 36-650 says it made in china, that's a no brainer which I would prefer. Other then that the 650 is 20lbs heavier and the 444 fence appears to have t-slots in it. Right now I have the cheapo benchtop.
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Snip
I did some research myself on this topic and, IIRC, the 650 is belt drive, but uses a universal motor with belt drive, but the motor is *below* the arbor, rather than hanging out the back. I think this was done to reduce the footprint and to reduce costs (but not price!).
Search the Archives; there's a bit of controversy on the subject, but it *is* dated somewhat.
My recommendation: Buy the 444. It's the contractor's saw we all know and love. I don't think they're making the 650 any longer.

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 6&ps6 http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 6&py2
-Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Does the 36-444 now come with steel wings instead of cast? I thought it had cast wings and the 36-650 had the steel wings.

It's funny, biut I always wanted cast iron wings. Now, I wonder. I could at least move my contractors saw.