table saw blade tilt adjustment

I was at Lowes today picking up some supplies and was looking over the Delta 36-650 table saw they are now selling and from what I could see under the hood it looked like a piece of all thread that controls the tilt of the blade, I know Craftsman's saws are like that too. Is this normal or just the way the cheap saws are built? It just looked kinda cheesy to me. I still haven't bought a good table saw yet, still undecided. I was going to get the Delta 36-444 from Amazon but they quit carrying it and the other places I found that sell it get about $100. more plus shipping.
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net