table saw blade size

I had an old Ward's table saw that used nine inch blades - it conked out. Bought a new ten inch saw - can I use the nine inch blades in the new saw? Reduced max depth of cut, of course, but are there safety issues? Saw motor damage issues? What have I overlooked?
If they fit the arbor, use 'em. Have you ever heard of 6" and 8" dado blades? :)
Dave
Ward Wheeler wrote:

Steel blades, without carbide, were common in older saws, and are not so much so now. The carbide blades stay sharp longer, cutting more cleanly, and, since they stay cooler, will probably cause fewer problems due to heat warping.
Just use your old ones carefully. Enjoy your new saw.
Patriarch

I have used 7.25" blades in my 10" saw. Bear in mind you will have slower tooth speed but sometimes that is a good thing. I used a thin kerf 7.25 carbide successfully to cut Corian. The 10" was chipping it.
As long as the arbor is the same size, will NOT be a problem.
John

No problem at all to use them. One suggestion though, there are so many really good 10" blades available, you may want to consider getting a good blade for most work and save the old ones for rough work.