table saw blade question

Do you really not understand that the linear speed of the edge of a 10" saw blade is greater than the linear speed of a 7" blade spinning at the same RPM?

Which one is bigger around?

ROTFLMAO! Do you *really* think that air resistance has anything to do with

10" blades being thicker than 7" blades?

Larger-diameter blades are thicker for stiffness and stability, so that they will resist deflection *under load*.

You're the same guy that tried to tell me a couple of months ago in alt.home.repair that grass doesn't have leaves.[1] I'll leave it to others to judge which is true in your case.

[1] Google alt.home.repair on "trent grass leaves" if you're curious. Trent's posts aren't archived, but my responses (which quote his) are. The thread appeared in early May.

Doug Miller

It's been known since the time of Archimedes that there is no such thing as a stone that can't be lifted. (Ever heard of a lever?)

Now I'm *sure* you were an English major.

Doug Miller

The problem with his statement was that it did not pertain to what the other poster was referring to. The other poster was referring to outer rim speed of the 2 different sized blades, not RPM. What he had not considered was that the tooth speed on the 2 different sized blades would be different although the Rpm's were the same.

Reply to
Leon

I am afraid that no living being on earth has the mental aptitude to understand the answer to that question.

And BTY, GOD can do anything, not if.

Reply to
Leon

Sure does.

Reply to
CW

The speed of the blade is 3500 RPM...both at the inner core and at the outer edge.

Two different size blades...from the same manufacturer...and one is purposely not sharpened as well as the other?...because of its size?

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

There ya go! Finally! Linear speed. See...I knew ya could do it! lol

Yup! You don't think there's air present before you put your piece thru?...and that it causes friction on the blade? I was just giving an example. The air deflection isn't gonna be noticed when you cut...but aerodynamics sure plays a part in the design.

Agreed...and for other reasons also.

You exhibit the signs of a real troll...that can't seem to get his idea across...so brings up old shit...even in a different GROUP. Nice one, troll.

I don't usually try to remember the individual poster, Dougie...but I'll try to remember you in the future.

Last post by me on this subject. I've gotta go outside and trim the dead leaves off my grass! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Not really. I don't think this is being pedantic. Its simply being as accurate as possible...with definitions.

I think speed of many mechanical devices is pretty well defined. Its represented as Revolutions Per Minute (RPM's). Drills, table saw motors, etc. are rated in RPM's...sometimes along with other ratings.

Every point along that line moves at the exact same speed...measured in RPM's. A manufacturer of that device has no way of knowing the size of the device that you'll attach to it.

MEANINGLESS? LOL

I use a lot of caution when I put a router bit in a device that can go

30,000 RPM. Its not only NOT meaningless, its the standard used when purchasing router bits, saw blades, etc.

But at the same speed.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

me spaketh...

nope

Reply to
McQualude

Wanna argue over the definition of a thread now?

Reply to
Bruce
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Actually, I *DO* understand! lol

My point...and this is my final post to ANYBODY on this subject !! LOL...is that most tools are rated by the speed of their motor...in RPM's.

And the speed NEAR the center of a saw blade...I'm not gettin' my feet into THAT debate LOL!) ...is the same as on the outer edge of the blade. The blade does not turn any faster on the outer edge than it does near the center.

However, the distance traveled and/or speed at any particular circumference will vary...and is measured and described in various different terms...miles per hour, feet per minute, etc.

That's what I understand...and I think I'm correct in what I understand.

Anyway...thanks for the relatively CALM reply! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Feeble attempt to turn things around and not look so much like an idiot.

Wrong. Your back to being an idiot.

Reply to
CW

??? Nice little unprovoked outburst of hostility there Clinton. What happened? Did you zip before you tucked?

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

Ouuuuuwwwwoooo... Only did that one time when I was about 6. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Sorry Clinton,

I did not realize that the problem of the squirrel and the tree was of such great concern to you. I'm completely unfamiliar with the arguments generally posed about it. In fact I had never known that this problem existed until this time. I'm afraid I'm much less worldly than you. I can't recall ever seeing a news article about this, but I'll look for them in the future.

-Jack

Reply to
me