Table saw blade help

I'm not an expert by any means on saw blades. That said, I received a bunch of old 8" table saw blades (most are sharp), how can I tell the difference between rip, crosscut and combination. I have an old Delta 9" and those blade are hard to find, so 8" blades are a prize..

Reply to
Ray

Count the teeth. On a 10" saw, rip blades are typically 30 teeth or fewer, combination blades 40 teeth, and crosscut blades 60 teeth or more. Scaled down to 8" diameter, those tooth counts would be 24, 32, and 48 respectively.

Doug Miller