Table saw alignment shift as blade lowers

I've discovered my blade goes about .005 out of parallel with the miter groove as it is lowered from an ALMOST fully raised position. I can align it dead on raised, then lower it and it's .005 out.

Looking for recommendations on where to set it. I could misalign by about .002 in the other direction while fully raised that way when it is lowered it comes within .003

I've read of other guys with this problem and even the replacement saw had the same problem. BTW, I've already exchanged the saw once for a Blade Trunion clearance issue issue. This saw isn't going back.

Or should I just leave it as is. I'm a weekend warrior basically doing projects for the house and family.

I've posted a full review on my General International Contractor Saw experience

MJN

I've had that happen on a table saw. When it does, I leave the blade (properly aligned) at the height where I'd most use it. That, for most cases is the carbide teeth just above 3/4" at the top of the arc of the blade.

Reply to
Upscale

Are you sure that's it, or are you measuring blade runout because it's rotated some by the lowering?

With wood, I wouldn't be too concerned about 5 one-thousandths of an inch!

Reply to
Pop

That's 2+ passes with a hand plane...some people are that picky.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Well while I agree that .005" is not much it can mean the difference in whether you have to do something to remove saw tooth marks after the cut or not. Its pretty borderline at that amount.

Reply to
Leon

There is a little more........when tilted 45 degrees, the blade goes out by .012. I did the Tie bar check which I've read about in these forums and there appears to be some mis-alignment there. Using a flat pane of glass, I detect rocking on two opposite corners of the glass.

Reply to
MJN

Looks like you want a much more expensive and capable saw to me.

Pop

Reply to
Pop