Table Saw

I am looking to purchase a Table Saw but I am unsure which one to buy. I have found a good one one on the internet, only to find it was an American site. The Table saw was a PM2000.

Would anyone like to recommend a good saw, I am happy to spend a reasonable amount for the right saw. I am a hobbyist, but we are also doing a far bit of house renovations.

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Where in the world would you like to buy your saw?

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

Where are you located?

What types of things do you want to build?

Do you do a lot of work with sheet goods, hardwoods, or both?

What do you define as a reasonable amount of money?

What other tools do you have or plan to purchase?

Would you be upset if you purchased a lower quality saw now and upgraded in a few years knowing that it would have been cheaper if you initially purchased the quality saw?

How much room do you have to allocate to the saw?

Does the saw have to be portable?

Do you want to be able to brag about the brand of saw you purchased, or looking for the best value?

I know that seems like a lot of questions but the more you think about the potential purchase the happier I think that you will be post sale.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Take a deep breath......

Repeat after me:

"BUY the farkin'saw...just BUY it."

You could, maybe, buy a similar saw for a couple of hundred less. So what? BUYING the saw is the easy part. Creating a space for it, makes it an experience which will, through karma, last you a life-time. A piece of equipment of that calibre will force you to become ONE with perfection. A saw like that will NOT allow you to make birdhouses and lobster traps. Running a piece of equipment like that will raise the bar on all you will do. When you go buy that inevitable jointer or planer, it will be THAT SAW which will dictate the quality of equipment you will buy from this day onward.

You are making some intelligent choices, Andrew. Congratulations.

(PS don't let the gold paint fool you..it's a good saw.)

Reply to
Robatoy

This is a Rockwell 10" unisaw model #34-450. (serial #DY6730) Motor is 3 phase, 220-460 volts. Current Bid: $52.00

This is a Oliver model #270-D table saw. (serial #68728) Motor is 3 phase,

220 volts. Current Bid: $50.00

Name: Tennessee Technological University Asset Location: 915 N Whitney Cookeville, TENNESSEE 38505

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

If you really want a Powermatic PM2000, you should be able to locate a dealer in Australia. It might even sell for less than here in the US because of reduced shipping cost from Taiwan or China.

Reply to
AL

If you found a saw you liked , take the specs into a good tool dealer and see how closely he can match it .

In australia you will find everytrhing is metric.

Reply to
marks542004