Table Saw

Suggested modification to the rule:

Start the clock when you turn the saw off after finishing a cut. Stop the clock when you start the saw to begin a cut with the new blade. That would be the amount of time added to change to a new blade instead of simply going on to the next cut with the same blade.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Are you saying that you took five passes for each 1x4? Geeze, I hope not. I'd rip that in one pass on my Craftsman Model 100.

Ya don't tug on Superman's cape Ya don't piss in the wind Ya don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger And...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Beers break man! Sheese...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

dpb wrote in news:gauuku$jki$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Screwdriver to remove the insert plate screw. Arbor nut wrench and second wrench to hold the arbor.

The act of removing the blade nut, blade, and installing the new blade and reinstalling the nut took about a minute and a half. Messing with the insert plate adds another two. Tool and blade acquisition probably took on the order of 5 minutes since the blade was in the house and the tools were in the garage.

There ya go, 8 1/2 minutes from task start to task end. I could probably do it faster, but the goal was to change the blade and not set speed records.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:hGzAk.447$1a2.372 @trnddc04:

I've been storing the old blades (and a few new ones) on the wall. It's functional art. :-)

I do like the idea of the saw blade protectors though. They're stackable as well as hangable. :-) (One of my biggest regrets on a transport container was not to make the drawers stackable outside of the box.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

With my TS, I have the arbor shaft wrench, the arbor nut wrench, a hex driver that matches my Incra miter gauge screws, a hex wrench for the inserts, and of course the inserts and blades. I have several inserts, for different kerfs and with and without built-in splitters.

As another example, my BS has hex wrenches, a wrench for the tension nuts, screw drivers, a blade back stone, etc... Same for the jointer, the drum sander, the mortiser...

These are stored at the tool.

This can often be done for only a few bucks per stationary tool using cheap or garage sale tools.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Doesn't take me ten seconds to lay my hands on the tools: I built a set of shelves under the extension table of my cabinet saw, and the blade wrenches are on the top shelf.

Reply to
Doug Miller