Table Saw

Page 2 of 2
dpb wrote:

With my TS, I have the arbor shaft wrench, the arbor nut wrench, a hex driver that matches my Incra miter gauge screws, a hex wrench for the inserts, and of course the inserts and blades. I have several inserts, for different kerfs and with and without built-in splitters.
As another example, my BS has hex wrenches, a wrench for the tension nuts, screw drivers, a blade back stone, etc... Same for the jointer, the drum sander, the mortiser...
These are stored at the tool.
This can often be done for only a few bucks per stationary tool using cheap or garage sale tools.
On 18 Sep 2008 20:11:32 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:>...

Suggested modification to the rule:
Start the clock when you turn the saw off after finishing a cut. Stop the clock when you start the saw to begin a cut with the new blade. That would be the amount of time added to change to a new blade instead of simply going on to the next cut with the same blade.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
<puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Doesn't take me ten seconds to lay my hands on the tools: I built a set of shelves under the extension table of my cabinet saw, and the blade wrenches are on the top shelf.
dpb wrote:

10 minutes _is_ a looooong blade change...

Objectively, I'm sure you're right. I've never timed it and would probably be surprised at how little actual clock time is needed to exchange blades. But, subjectively, when I'm all primed to make the next cut, it sure seems to take forever.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Beers break man! Sheese...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Are you saying that you took five passes for each 1x4? Geeze, I hope not. I'd rip that in one pass on my Craftsman Model 100.

Ya don't tug on Superman's cape Ya don't piss in the wind Ya don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger And...