Table Saw

Page 3 of 3

Oooh, oooh, oooh . . . Amy Matthews on DIY's Bathroom Renovations!!! I want to see her in nuthin' but a tool belt.
/;o) Dave in Houston
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:11:46 GMT, "Dave in Houston"

I had to look her up...
A licensed contractor AND a personal trainer? <G>

I'm trainable!
Dave in Houston

If you don't do it right, she'll make you do it again!

If you don't do it right, she'll make you do it again!
Whip me. Beat me. Call me Edna.
Dave in Houston wrote:

BREATHE, Dave, breathe!!!

Lilith?!?!

I think the actress is called Bebe Newirth. (sp?) He role as Lilith, Frasier's wife, has her a stuffy academic. I just KNOW that if she lets go of that bun in her hair, gives her head a shake, some lucky bastard would be in a heap of trouble.
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:32:28 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

There was an episode of Cheers where she did exactly that.
It's cemented in my mind... <G>
On Mar 21, 4:05pm, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)"

Hot damn! Now I have to buy the entire Cheers collection just to find that.. okay maybe bittorrent...
Maybe I'll run into the episode where Norm orders a Screaming Viking.

--
it may be in an episode of frasier where she does that.

Howard Kowall wrote:

When I didn't see the water that got on my table saw until it was waaaay too late, I got out my "mouse" sander, put it on a scotchbrite pad, put down a little wd-40 and went to town. Cleaned it up very well.
As for protecting the top, I don't use anything other than a wipedown with wd-40 if I don't plan to use the saw for a while. Then, when I do want to use it I wipe it down with alkyhowl or mineral spirits before using it. I will have to say though that our weather out here in my part of Califorlornia is not nearly as humid as some parts of the country. Especially in the summer when our humidity can get as low as the 20-30% range but normally doesn't get much over about 40%. Being in the Sacramento River Delta system you wouldn't think the humidity would be that low, but it is. I'm sure that if I lived where the humidity was higher I would have to take different precautions.
I tried using paste wax but I couldn't really tell much of a difference. It may slick it up for a board or two but after running a couple of boards through the saw that the wax would be on the wood and mostly gone from the saw anyway. It just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble to me.
Wayne
Oh. As for the new wings. If it works it's good. Maybe instead of putting in simple wings you might want to consider putting in a router table.
ok great i will try the world famous wd40 and scotch brite and will try the paste wax i do have a router table already which i made and it works great,just need to build a better fence,so the wings i will leave just as wings i did upgrade the fence to a t type fence i looked at the delta fence and all the rest and i found the King KRF-10 to be the best buy and acully built better then the delta any input on the router fence would also be great thanx to all who ansewerd my question so far howard

Be careful...very careful that it is just wax. You DO NOT want to put anything with silicon in it onto your table top. Many car wax's and others now have silicon included. It is the worst thing under a finish. little bit causes lots of trouble for a long time.

I use kerosene to clean the top. Wipe excess off with a clean rag. Yes, there will be a small amount left on the top but if you buff the top there won't be a problem with transfer to the wood. Kerosene will remove light rust, it leaves a protective coating, and it is non-toxic. I then use Johnson's Paste wax, let it dry and use an auto buffer.