Table Saw

After making a couple of cuts, and turning the saw off, I hear a clicking sound. Does this indicate a bearing going bad somewhere?

Reply to
GeraldR916

Wilson

If it's the same click every time you turn it off, it's probably the centrifugal starting switch resetting.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Most motors have a centrifugal switch to control running capacitors. As the motor slows down after power off, the centrifugal switch disengages. Its unnerving, if you don't know what it is. I always thought it sounded like the blade hitting something under the table and expected find carbide chips under the table. After a year of nothing bad happening, I finally got used to it. By the way, I can't say I've noticed the click since I converted the saw from 110v to 220v.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Well, I thank you all for the information. Now I need to change out those pulleys.

Reply to
GeraldR916

Is it just a single click? If so, it's probably the starting switch contacts inside the motor and nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

You need to be a little more specific about "clicks" and the type of machine.

My old Craftsman used to click a little as the blade was running down. It was my que to tighten the belt pulleys.

Reply to
RonB