table saw

I have a atlas table saw it is old and take's a 3/4 hole saw blade can't find a new blade ~Bob~ feb 20

HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!!!! ROBERT & EDNA

Reply to
EDNA

Manufacturers can custom-bore the blade for you. Forrest does it, at least. Here's a link:

at the note in the bottom regarding custom hole bores.

Probably others do it too (in case you don't want to buy a Forrest blade), but I would check directly with the manufacturer, I doubt this is something you want a reseller to be doing for you...

Reply to
gabriel

Well, that is certainly not your standard, BORG-type item. However, there are a couple of ways to "fix" the problem. First off, order one from Forrest. They can provide a blade with almost any desired hole size. Secondly...take an existing blade to a local machine shop and get it bored out to fit. Unless they are REALLY flaky, it will still spin perfectly accurately. Thirdly... take the arbor out, take it to the afore-mentioned machine shop and have it turned down to 5/8" (probably a bad idea, if it takes larger blades - 12" and up). Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EDNA) wrote in news:21764-400D4714-92@storefull-

3271.bay.webtv.net:

There was recently a thread on 'a good sharpening service'. Look it up on the Google archives, if needed. Find the recommended service closest to wherever you are, and call that shop. Tell them you heard about them from their friends on rec.norm. Ask them what they can do for you.

You'll probably meet a good number of helpful folks along the way. They likely know many of the locals who traffic in old woodworking gear.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

At least you don't have an old Mall circular saw like I do that taks a blade with a

1" square hole.
Reply to
BUB 209

Both are available on special order from Forrest and, I think, from Freud.

Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Charlie Self