table saw

I have a atlas table saw it is old and take's a 3/4 hole saw blade can't find a new blade ~Bob~ feb 20
HAVE A NICE DAY !!!!!!! ROBERT & EDNA
EDNA wrote:

Manufacturers can custom-bore the blade for you. Forrest does it, at least. Here's a link:
http://forrest.woodmall.com/forwoodii.html
Look at the note in the bottom regarding custom hole bores.
Probably others do it too (in case you don't want to buy a Forrest blade), but I would check directly with the manufacturer, I doubt this is something you want a reseller to be doing for you...
--
gabriel

    Greetings and Salutations.
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:19:48 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EDNA) wrote:

    Well, that is certainly not your standard, BORG-type item. However, there are a couple of ways to "fix" the problem. First off, order one from Forrest. They can provide a blade with almost any desired hole size. Secondly...take an existing blade to a local machine shop and get it bored out to fit. Unless they are REALLY flaky, it will still spin perfectly accurately. Thirdly... take the arbor out, take it to the afore-mentioned machine shop and have it turned down to 5/8" (probably a bad idea, if it takes larger blades - 12" and up).     Regards     Dave Mundt
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EDNA) wrote in 3271.bay.webtv.net:

There was recently a thread on 'a good sharpening service'. Look it up on the Google archives, if needed. Find the recommended service closest to wherever you are, and call that shop. Tell them you heard about them from their friends on rec.norm. Ask them what they can do for you.
You'll probably meet a good number of helpful folks along the way. They likely know many of the locals who traffic in old woodworking gear.
Patriarch

At least you don't have an old Mall circular saw like I do that taks a blade with a 1" square hole.
bub209 writes:

Both are available on special order from Forrest and, I think, from Freud.
Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine