T-Shirts for the group (possible idea?)

When someone has a broom stick up their ass, it's hard for them to understand a joke.

This is particularly true (and painful) if their head is up there as well.
-Jack
This sounds very, very dangerous: someone with their head head up their ass could easily poke an eye out with the stick that's already there....
Dan

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net> wrote in message:

And where is *mine?*
Jums
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i believe the OP said "tasteful" logo, or some such Jim,,,
hehe
Traves

You sound like my 9 year old. I'll give you the same resonse I give her:
"You didn't ask nicely." :)

Wait, wait, wait. Larry in Cincinnati? Talking about vise? Is this Larry Flynt? I though you were running for Gov. of Californication? Is this T-shirt gig a fundraiser?
PS: I think the idea is clever. Yet, bottom line: Would I buy one? Probably not. That's just my personal style. But, if you were looking for pre-orders, just wanted to note this. BTW, if you have any time to actually do this, you might be able to get one or more sponsors that could bring the price down a buck or two.
Since it's apparent that NONE of us will ever agree on a logo, the saying, or even worse the *spelling* of a tee shirt - let's put something on it that will make people ask questions about our craft . . . something so profound that even folks on Arbor Day will go "WOW - I never heard of that before."
How about this:
"Jummywood - it's on the Wreck!"
LOL!
Okay - I now see that we can agree on not agreeing!
Jums

Or maybe "Got Jummywood?" Or "I learned to polish my Jummywood on the Wreck!" LOL
Dig
My favorite woodworking slogan was on a tee shirt I bought from Woodcrafter "He who dies with the most tools wins". I got alot of reaction to that shirt.
Walter H. Klaus

Better to share your thoughts by posting than inviting us into the throne room, a la LBJ.
I got a laugh from your post. "Vise" was clear to me, anyway. -- Igor
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:21:42 GMT, "walter klaus"

Yep, I have a hat with the same logo, gets a lot of reaction. Almost as much as my t-shirt that sez:: "My wife reckons I don't listen to her, or I think that's what she said!"
Barry Lennox
Larry,
This idea's been around rec.crafts.woodturning for a couple of years. The following sites feature t-shirts designed and marketed by two ladies (Ruth and Molly) who frequent the group. Although the group name does not appear on the shirts, they've been informally adopted by the group, and are worn for recognition to turning symposiums and other gatherings. The ladies have also managed to have the shirts featured in one or two catalogs of prominent woodturning suppliers.
http://www.torne-lignum.com/logo.html
http://groups.msn.com/woodturningbymolly/tshirts.msnw
B.

Ah well. Once again a day late and dollar short or maybe fifteen or twenty. Never saw those before thanks for the link. Larry

Larry, I think you should take a crack at it, he said ordering a volunteer about. Also think about the guy sitting in a pile of cutoffs, sawdust, chips, etc. holding a really nice table or cradle or... Make the guy look goofy (Maybe Jums will send you a photo).     mahalo,     jo4hn
larry in cinci wrote:

How about something like (with due deference to Ruth)
facere scobis
The grammar is probably wrong but I *think* it means "skilfully making sawdust "
Mekon
Oh Larry....wherefore art thou? (Jaques, that is, who does the t-shirt thing (among other skills), or used to),
Renata

<snipped>

Too late - *INCOMING!* LOL!
Jums

If t-shirts don't blow yer hair back, maybe an ole bumper sticker might. I had a stack of bumper sticker stock left over from a printing course and printed up a sticker using my laser printer.
http://home1.gte.net/llhote/bumpersticker.JPG
Didn't get the thing on the bumper straight...but that's somewhat like some of my ww projects..
larry in columbia
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO