T & G bits for material exceeding 3/4"

I'm making rail and stile panel doors but just want to use a standard

1/4" groove for the panel to fit into. This means of course, that the ends of the rails will require a tongue. My problem is this. How do you cut the tongue when the material is over 3/4" thick since the cutters on my bits for tongue & groove are only 3/4" in height?

When I look up T & G bits they all seem to be 3/4" in height. Is anyone aware of a source for T & G bits that can be used on 7/8" or even 1" thick material.

Thanks for any assistance.

Glen Duff

Reply to
Glen Duff