T-111 Plywood

I am building some external doors, and was advised that in US they have a product that is Plywood with vertical grooves .... so looks as aesthetically pleasing as T&G ... but has dimensional stability of ply.

In US this is known as T-111 sheet. Or T-111 siding

Initially it had a rough-sawn, textured surface with vertical grooves milled every 4 or 8 inches. Thickness ranged from 3/8 inch to 3/4 inch. Usually fabricated from Douglas fir, but also in redwood.

Anybody know of an equivalent product in UK ?

Reply to
Osprey

Just to pick a nit . . . . . . . . Actually it is T1-11 (Tee one eleven)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:RhF1l.10708$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

I used some to make a few night tables, cubby thingies for the kids 30- odd years ago. The T1-11 was great as shelf support. Some still live, although the 1970's yellow paint is not beautiful anymore.

Reply to
Han