SystiMatic or Forest?

My old Amana needs replacing or a pal in the blade drawer, so I'm looking to buy a new 10" blade for my TS, and have never owned either one of these blades, but I've read volumes of praise on the Forest line. Most of my work is with birch or sometimes oak plywood and solids run from maple to beech to oak when that's part of the project. I rarely cut anything thicker than 2", but I keep hearing about how smooth the cut is on a Forest WWII and I'm wondering if its worth the extra bucks. My FIL was a professional furniture manufacturer in North Jersey and he used to have his SystiMatics sharpened at Forest over in Clifton... so his vote is obvious.

Also wondering if tooth wise, is a 10/50T a better choice (considering my normal use) than a 10/40T?

Mike

Reply to
captmikey

When I first installed my WWII, I was amazed how quiet the blade was. Crosscuts AND rips were glassy smooth. BTW

has the WWII on sale for $89.00. (usual disclaimer..not affiliated, etc. I also have never bought from there.)

PROVIDING your saw is set up properly and to tight specs, the WWII will give you superior results. I owned and used a 50 tooth Systematic Combo reg kerf blade for about 12 years and thought it was great. I replaced it with the Forrest WWII when I graduated up to a cabinet saw. I recommend the WWII 40 tooth regular kerf for the type cutting you will be doing although it does a pretty good job cutting thicker material also. I also recommend that you let Forrest do the maintenance on it.

Reply to
Leon