SWMBO pops the ulitmate question....

So today at 5:15 I was out in the garage sneaking in a little woodworking between work and kid duty. SWMBO pulls up with the two SWMBOettes. As soon as I saw the car I started shutting things down and preparing for kid duty. All of a sudden SWMBO runs from the car to the garage and says, and I quote: "I'm going to take the kids to Sara's (a friend with two kids of similar age to ours). Do you want to come or do you want to do woodworking all evening?" Now, let me see here.... several hours with four kids or several hours in the garage... let me think.... give me a minute to consider..... "Well, I guess I'll let you hang out with your friend Sara."

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Martin

You have to resist the tempation to blurt out an answer instantly, or these opportunities will dry up quickly. OTOH, making it sound like you are truly torn could lead to her encouraging you to join her. There is a fine line you have to walk to play this right.

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

Jim. I agree with Joe. I sounds like you handled that one pretty well - just be careful not to overplay your hand. It's tricky walking such a fine line. In future, you may have to throw in a little "but gee Honey, I was going to get started on building you that new blurfl tonight". The key is making it sound natural. Practice that a couple of times a day, and you should have it down in no time.

Good on you for dodging that one, and happy woodworking.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

"Basic Wedge" wrote in news:KtTdc.69067$Ig.61148@pd7tw2no:

As a wise man once said: "Sincerity is key. Once you can fake that, you've got it made!"

Or something like that...

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I've used the dodge "but gee Honey, I was going to get started on building you that new blurfl tonight" that you suggest. Problem is I've now got 4 blurfls in progress that keep me from what I really want to do.

Reply to
Lee K