SWMBO doesn't like Yard Art

Page 2 of 2

First thing you do is get down on your knees and thank God he sent that woman to save you from yourself. :-)
Of course I come from rural Kentucky where a Bathtub Mary is considered high art. It's even better if it is surrounded by an old tractor tire that has been painted white.
Dick Durbin
Don't they have some of them toilet planters up there too? <grin>

recently
works.
of
"Mark Hopkins" wrote in message

IIRC, that was in S. Louisiana where I was raised. New thing in E. Texas is nailing "Dixie Chicks" CD's to the fence posts as reflectors for your driveway.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Don't know that I have ever seen that. When we left Sunfish, Kentucky in 1955 to move to Louisville we still had an outhouse. It was a two-holer that my Dad built. He didn't have a saw to cut the holes so he used a brace and bit and bored a series of holes, then just knocked the center out. When you got off the seat you had a serrated edge around your butt.
Dick "these are the good old days" Durbin

Make her a deal - you get the yard art and she keeps her Hummels.
Harvey Chute wrote:

The one thing about having kids and those kids having grandkids...Always a good place to unload ugly (aka Tacky) Christmas stuff. Then go visit them! It makes them have to put up "your" stuff! And you get to enjoy the ornamental displays with nowhere near the work. It's a gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving.....
heh heh
Philski
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:13:59 -0700, "Harvey Chute"

She's right. But if you were to get about 500 lbs of wood and carve a lifesize replica of a reindeer in 3-D, I'll bet she'd be OK with it if it looked anything close to realistic. If you do that, post a URL for pics, please.
-------------------------------------------------- I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon) ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --------------------------------------------------------
Threaten to buy her a vacuum cleaner, mop and steam iron for Xmas. Or you could ask her if she'd like to stand ther in person w/ a broom for Halloween! Yep, that'll take her mind off the yard art!
Next time you see her w/ a broom in her hands, ask nicely if she's cleaning up or going someplace - then run like hell!
Harvey Chute wrote:

Grandpa <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

Some men just live more dangerously...or, are you sure you aren't single, gramps?
Dan