SWMBO asks, SWMBO gets...

I was at the local hardware store this afternoon to get some poly glue for the coffee table that's been in the works for nigh on a year (inlaying some cocobolo into oak on the legs) and the cell phone biddle-dee-beeped.
SWMBO was in SWMBO Jr's room trying to vacuum. Asked me to pick up some coat hooks so she could "get all this crap up off the floor so a body can walk in here!"
Came home, grabbed a chunk of hickory out of the scrap pile, jointed, planed, routed, drilled, sanded, shellaced, sanded, shallaced, sanded, shellaced, attached hardware, applied to wall, and got "all this crap up off the floor so a body can walk in here!".
Heh.
Made her forget about the coffee table that's been in the works for nigh on a year for almost 10 minutes!
Priceless.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Works every time. Last week I "finally" put the raised panels on the back of the kitchen peninsula. This week? I got in some "non-kitchen" shoppe time.
sigh...
UA100, whose "things to do in the shoppe not related to the kitchen" list far exceeds the "kitchen things needing completion" list...

So what tools did you buy??

Oh, crap...
I *knew* I forgot something.
Excellent. That's what make marriages last. Unfortunately, I can't do woodworking solutios like that in a day or even weekend. It takes me several weekends to make something worthy of going inside a house (as opposed to garage shop quality.).

Sounds like you need a different house.
;-)
SWMBO asked me if I could make her something to hang her necklaces on-- Went to the shop & found a crooked piece of cedar limb-- bout 2" dia-- Bandsawed, planed, sanded, sanded, Drilled holes for Cedar twigs- glued, lacquered & was finished in about three hours ( used 5 min epoxy for twigs-- fills gaps pretty well) Wewll -- she was happy

That's what it's all about, isn't it?