SWMBO

What does this stand for? SWMBO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
John Hibbs wrote:

I perfer SWTSMBO
Badger wrote:

Son, you're either not married, haven't been married very long, or she's got you _completely_ fooled.
--RC
Rick Cook wrote:

the latter, make me feel good though ;-)

Yeah ... what's that the poor fool said about him being in charge of all the major issues of life, and his wife the minor? He decides things like whether they should be in favor of a trade policy with China, whether global warming is indeed a fact, and whether to join the Kyota accords: and she decides the minor issues, like which house to buy, how much they spend, what kind of car they drive, who takes out the garbage, etc.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

OldNick wrote:

H Ryder Haggard was God? http://www.bralyn.net/etext/literature/h.ryder.haggard/she.txt
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

and made more famous by John Mortimer's character "Rumpole of the Bailey", keenly watched by millions when made into a TV series by the BBC. Rumpole always referred to his wife, Hilda, this way, but never to her face. See http://www.tvheaven.ca/rumpole.htm and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078680 /

God only whispered it to Adam. Haggard either borrowed it, or innocently repeated it.
I know this not through some dicine conduit, bit because He MUST have said it. It's THE basic rule!
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:03:15 -0500, Chris wrote:

Sweaty Women Make Ben Ogle Sacred Witch of the Moon-Bow Order Sunny Weather Masonic Brigade Official Sanctioned Workers Marching Briskly Overland <and so on...>
--
Joe Wells

Some Women (Wives) May Be Overbearing Some Workshops Make Better Outhouses <and so on...>
Allyn

Mine won't stand for much, I can tell you that.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Doesn't stand to pee, either.
Chris wrote:

Ayesha, the 2000 year young Egyptian priestess in H. Rider Haggard's "She" (if you prefer a movie to a book I suggest the Ursula Andress version and not one of the dozen or so others--might not be as good from a literary viewpoint but it's got the full Hollywood treatment and Ursula in her prime in that costume is worth a look) was known to her subjects as "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and Very Bad Things happened to anyone who neglected that rule. Later used in other contexts, most notably "Rumpole of the Bailey".
--
--John