Switched to using vibration-free belts

I've been sprucing up my somewhat neglected machines. A new motor and pulley for the bandsaw made the old v belt unusable. I stumbled across the green vibration free belt on a trip to HF. They seemed pricey at $25 each. I read some posts about it in this group and everyone seemed to be pleased with them.

Back I go with my 20% coupon. One was just a little too short, so I got two and did the bandsaw and the drill press.

I took the time to clean and tune the saw, so I don't know exactly how much is attributable to the new belt, but the saw is running like a champ.

I have an old belt driven Delta TS from the 40's. That's next.

Reply to
kimosabe

I changed to one couple years ago on a Jet contractor saw. Really made a difference in vibration and noise. WW

Reply to
WW

I've got a 1983 vintage Craftsman TS. It wouldn't pass the nickel test with the nickel laying flat.

After some tedious tuning and the belt/pulley replacement (WoodCraft?), it passes with the nickel on edge.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx