Swingman's table saw taper jig

I am interested in building the taper jig shown on the

page. The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a subscriber to FWW and I can not find such an issue. There are annual "Tools and Shops" issues but I can not find the tapering jig in any of them.

I have the feeling that I have seen the original article and I never throw magazines out, but they do sometimes hide from me. Perhaps I saw it in magazine which I don't subscribe to.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the magazine issue in which this article appeared more exactly.

Cheers,

Larry

Reply to
Larry Spitz

the

The text says that the idea came from FWW 2005 "Power Tools" issue. I am a

Larry ,First time to post here so I think I've sent the Info.as a direct reply to you. In case anyone else is interested it's Issue No.

178 July/Aug.2005 page 46 FWW Regds. Boysie
Reply to
boysiemalone

Thanks, but that is a different taper jig. I am looking for one with the eccentric circular disk that gives very precise control of the taper angle as on the e-woodwork web page.

Still looking.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Spitz

I'm sure I have the magazine somewhere and will try to dig it out. ITMT, I will be glad to take some more pictures of it, from different angles, if you think it would help.

Let me know ... the e-mail below works.

Reply to
Swingman

Found it ... Pg 110, "The Best of Fine Woodworking" - Power Tool Techniques

2005.

No date, but it says on the cover "display until September 30, 2005.

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman

Notice that it says "Newsstand-only Publication." In other words, it is not part of the normal magazine subscription. FWW puts out a number of these that cover specific topics.

Reply to
Robert Haar

The special publications put out by FWW are just reprinted collections of magazine atricles.

Check out: Fine Woodworking Magazine, June 2002 No. 156 "Adjustable Jig for Cutting Tapers" by David Hastings

Enjoy,

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Thanks for that. Now I have it. I hadn't gone back that far in my collection.

Also Swingman generously sent me a scanned copy.

I'm happy now. Thanks to all.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Spitz