swinging crib

Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild. Eddie..

Reply to
Eddie

He's going to have be a lot older to hang out with his bro's in his own swinging crib, y'all. You catch where I'm coming fron, dawg?

ohhhkay.. back to

Robatoy

Sun, Sep 17, 2006, 9:20pm (EDT+6) snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.nl (Eddie) doth proudly proclaimeth: Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild. Eddie..

Not sure if you mean a swinging "cradle", or what. In either case I'd say foget it. The kid's going to outgrow it in a short time, then it's just gonna take up room. Make a rocking chair instead. Then mon can sit down for a few minutes, get the kid to sleep, and then put the kid down anywhere and he/she will sleep. No prob. Then mon can sit down again. A rocker can be used for years and years - by anyone, even the kid. Cradles look cutesy and sound appealing, but unless you're gonna have a kid a year, or get rid of it as soo ad the kid outgrows it, I don't think they're worth the bother. As you may be able to tell, i'm not a huge fan of cradles, swinging or not. Rocking chairs all the way.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T

I just finished one - a small chest of drawers cradle. It's basically a short chest of drawers with two centre portions of the side panels extending up to support the cradle. 32 wide, 20 deep, 35 high and 4 drawers. The drawers are for the "book", diapers, and the wipes/creams/powders. Made with solid Lyptus and Apple inlays. As soon as I figure out the camera, I'll post pictures.

The guys are in the other posts are right. The cradle is only good untill the kid learns how to roll over (about 3 mo). Then it's a plant stand.

I built this one because I wanted to and it was asked for. My daughter is due in a few days. It does make for a nice gift.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

Cheers Pete, I thought it would make a nice gift too, if you could send some photos I would appreciate it. as for the rocking chair Idea, sounds good! any plans hanging around for one? Eddie