swinging crib

Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild. Eddie..
Eddie wrote:

He's going to have be a lot older to hang out with his bro's in his own swinging crib, y'all. You catch where I'm coming fron, dawg?
ohhhkay.. back to www.fark.com
Sun, Sep 17, 2006, 9:20pm (EDT+6) snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.nl (Eddie) doth proudly proclaimeth: Hi all, Just found out that I am going to be a granddad! our first grandchild! I wonder if any of you good fellows have any plans for making a swinging crib? I would just love to make one for my grandchild. Eddie..
Not sure if you mean a swinging "cradle", or what. In either case I'd say foget it. The kid's going to outgrow it in a short time, then it's just gonna take up room. Make a rocking chair instead. Then mon can sit down for a few minutes, get the kid to sleep, and then put the kid down anywhere and he/she will sleep. No prob. Then mon can sit down again. A rocker can be used for years and years - by anyone, even the kid. Cradles look cutesy and sound appealing, but unless you're gonna have a kid a year, or get rid of it as soo ad the kid outgrows it, I don't think they're worth the bother. As you may be able to tell, i'm not a huge fan of cradles, swinging or not. Rocking chairs all the way.
JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.