SW for Making Raised Panel Doors?

Anyone know of software (or a URL to a how-to article) that will assist in calculating the measurements when making the rails and stiles of raised panel doors?
Thanks.
Hangman.
Hello there,

Most people make this *much* harder than it needs to be. If you measure the stub tennon length of your rails that the cope cutter makes, what is the length? My CMT set is 7/16, make your rail and stile stock 2" plus the stub tennon length.
Since my CMT set copes 7/16", I make all my rail and stile stock 2-7/16". This makes the math dead easy. For a 10" wide, 20" tall door, my rails are 6" and my stiles are 20", the panel is 5"-15/16 x 15-15/16". Since you added the stub tennon length to your rail and stile stock, you simply subtract 4" from the overall width of your door to figure out the rail length. The panel size is the overall door size minus 2-1/16" in both directions.
I find I don't need a calculator when I used this method.
If I didn't explain it well enough, let me know and I will try again.
Thanks,
David.
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:03:52 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

Right on, it's really no hard.
You gave an excellent procedure, I won't repeat it. <G>
Barry

http://www.shareup.com/Raised-Panel-Doors-download-2580.html
Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but check it out:
http://www.ufcraftsman.com/stile_rail.html
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03