Surreal Borg Experience

Page 3 of 5
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:03:09 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

My sister, who used a pair of these (given to Mom as a joke, so she didn't have to get too close to her sewing any more.) opened a clamshell very easily. I was stunned. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber609
-- "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy." --Tom Clancy
What kind of tool is needed to open the package the package opening tool comes in?
I find the packaging that has evolved today is often bizzarre some is as described - tough plasic that is hard to open, while others are cardboard packaging that are sealed with a security type tape.

"Matt" wrote

Exactly.
I got a gift card and decided to get another pair of diagonal cutters. It is tool I need from time to time and they vanish from the earth around here for some reason. I have one pair near my workbench. I buy this new cutter, in bright neon colors so I can SEE it, and get it home. And what do you know, I needed the other diagonal cutters to cut the new pair of of its package.
I assume when buying this new package opening tool, you have to take your life in your hands to open this safety device.
Ironic, eh?
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:04:26 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Nah! It's only ineptness on the part of most.

I think this new packaging is to dimwitted shoplifters what Squirrel-proof birdfeeders are to Squirrels. I doubt that it works any better against the shoplifters than the birdfeeders do against the Squirrels.
Tom G.

On 12/29/2009 7:21 PM, Tom G wrote:

Yabbut, not this squirrel!
http://img.fark.net/images/squirrel.jpg
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 12/29/2009 7:39 PM, Swingman wrote:

LOL!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Swingman wrote:

I thought squirrels kept their nuts in their cheeks?
Gonna hate myself for this in the morning.

Rob Leatham
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:33:19 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita

Only if you wake up in that position. (OUCH!)
P.S: Why do dogs lic...never mind.
-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor
On 12/30/2009 8:08 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

C-less ... damn you, Bubba! I'm already reduced to purposely using the cheapest monitor in the house whilst reading the wRec!
BTW, did you catch WeeGee's update yesterday?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Don't you have keyboard condoms and visqueen over the monitor for Usenet? They're a must!

No, I didn't. (scurrying off to check) Ahhh, read the PUD and I'm happy now. He's back to "work" after 3 weeks off and is now running stop signs internationally. Ole!
-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor
Tom G wrote:

No, but just as TSA rules don't really do much for safety, it does serve to piss off the paying customers.

Rob Leatham
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:32:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita

But that's the whole point. If you're pushed to the pissed point, you *must* think that they're doing something important. No one would piss the public off for no good reason, right? The laughter they got last weekend did wake a few up though. I say, keep it up until they actually *do* something.

Having worked big box retail, I can back you up on this -- the ultimate indignity is that many shoplifters simply went to the "tool" aisle, opened a package of Stanley utilty knife blades, headed to the electronics dept. where the higher dollar items are of locked "security" pegs. One quick zip around the item to open the clamshell, drop the balde, and bye-bye.
Kinda made you respect the guy who would load a shopping cart with a bunch of DVD players and dash though the doors!

Man, that's shitty. At least the guy should have enough class to bring his own tools.
At home we use kitchen scissors but good grief what next will we have metal mesh ?
Martin
Steve wrote:

"Matt" wrote:

Whatever happened to your basic avaition snips?
Take your choice, left, right, center.
No wait, that's an NPR program.
Lew
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:09:06 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

I picked up another bundle of 3 when they were on sale for $10 earlier this year. I couldn't find my righties. I keep the straights in the truck.

Har! There's nothing but Left on NPR, sir.
-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Bullshit.
That crap didn't work with Trickey Dickie when he tried it and it doesn't work today when you try it.
Lew
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:09:23 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

What "crap doesn't work", Lew?
-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor