Surface/Thickness Planer Comments

Page 3 of 3
Hello anybody home? Does the word "sarcasm" ring any bells?
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Mike G wrote:

'Twould seem not today. Sarcasm doesn't seem to work very well on usenet if unaccompanied by an appropriate emoticon to remove any possible sting. If/when someone is having a bad day it produces hurt feelings, angry responses, and wasteful consumption of bandwidth - even when those involved are friends. )-:
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA
Morris Dovey wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:
> Morris Dovey wrote: > >> Mike G wrote: >> >>> Hello anybody home? Does the word "sarcasm" ring any >>> bells? >> >> 'Twould seem not today. Sarcasm doesn't seem to work very >> well on usenet if unaccompanied by an appropriate emoticon >> to remove any possible sting. If/when someone is having a >> bad day it produces hurt feelings, angry responses, and >> wasteful consumption of bandwidth - even when those involved >> are friends. )-: > > MOrris, I can't count how many times my "smart aleck" remarks > have been taken wrong. I'll be damned if I can always > remember to put the smiley's in... > > So, yes, sarcasm doesn't work to well in print...
Well, welcome to the human race. Occasionally we all produce a little scrap. I think the answer is to make the best repairs we can, figure out how to avoid repeating the mistake, and move on.
I've never met a person who felt (or would admit to) having too many friends. Forgiveness of others is a gift we give ourselves - so be selfishly generous. Remember that people are ever so much more fragile than wood or iron and need to be treated gently. Practice by being gentle with yourself.
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA