Supplier of Quartersawn Walnut

Anyone have suggestions for where I might find 6/4 or 8/4 quartersawn walnut? I'm in the bay area (California) and have tried most of the local sources. MacBeath in Berkeley has 4/4 but nothing thicker.
Well...if you can't find anywhere local, try www.rusticmill.com/ they are in Idaho, but they may ship???
(That's the best I have)
Schroeder

http://www.woodfinder.com /
--
Alex
cravdraa - at - yahoo - dot - comment

I forgot to mention, on the left, click "Wood Library", they got a big list of sellers there.

In Gilroy, try <http://www.bakerhardwoods.com . He'll probably have it (claro walnut, perhaps english walnut, unlikely eastern walnut).
You may also wish to check <http://www.jackelenterprises.com/ in Watsonville. Definitely worth a trip if you're looking for quantity at a reasonable price. Jackel had 4/4 qtr sawn for sure last time I was there, call and ask for 6+/4.
scott
Great links! Thanks Scott.
If you are headed to the South Bay check out Southern Lumber. Although it has been about 10 years since I left the Bay Area, Southern Lumber used to have a huge selection of hardwoods.
--

Roger Shoaf

Sure. Still do. At 10x the price of anyone else. Much better to go to global or aura (both relatively close to downtown sjc). Or better, make the trip to Jackel in watsonville during one of their weekend sales. Take a pickup truck along :-)
scott
You might try these guys:
http://www.gobywalnut.com /
-Keith

Keith wrote:

It's so hard being a treehugger and a woodworker. That poor huge tree. That excellent, gorgeous lumber. Sigh.

Walnut trees grow on farms. Orchard trees last only so long before they are replaced. Better to go to lumber than to fire wood.
--

Roger Shoaf

I don't think the tree on their website grew in any walnut tree orchard, unless they cull them every couple of hundred years.
todd
If you don't mind driving to Chico you could get whatever you want from this place.
http://www.wineland-walnut.com /
Call before you go but they've got what your looking for.

Thanks for everyone's resposes. The only place in the bay area I could find that has quartersawn walnut thicker than 4/4 is a place called Global Wood Source in San Jose. They say they have 6/4 and 8/4 quartersawn claro walnut. Baker Hardwoods, woodnut.com, handloggers, MacBeath, PALS, Jakel Enterprises and a few others don't carry it.