Super Sawcat question

Does anyone remember who made the Super Sawcat? I beleive it was either B&D or DeWalt. They are the same company today but back in the days when SSC's roamed the construction site they were probably separate companies.

Thanks for the replys

MAB

Reply to
Maab

Maab asks:

DeWalt was part of the B&D landscape back then, but not in portable power tools. The Super Sawcat was the B&D Professional model, comparable to today's DeWalt (and, in the case of the SSC, better in my not at all humble opinion). I had 2 of them and both have disappeared over the years.

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

It was one of B&D Professionals great tools, Dewalt still don't make a circular saw that even comes close to the Super Sawcat quality wise IMHO The D384 comes closest I suppose, although they do make a couple comparable to the normal Sawcat, B&D Professional also had a great worm drive saw (3051) that was almost identical to the Skil HD77. I passionately hate DeWalts framing saw (DW378) a crazy design making servicing a royal pain in the ass.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Black and Decker....

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Interesting because the B&D items i've had in the last few years ie cordless screwdriver, toaster oven etc haven't been worth a damn. I'd just as soon turn to Skil for any budget price power tool.

The toaster oven I had the swith that sets bake/toast etc broke and when I opened it it was so flimsily made you wonder how they ever expected it to last.

MB

Reply to
Maab

Nope, the old "professional" stuff was tough. I have a "last issue" B&D 6" ROS that I bought as a "refurbished" unit about five years ago ($79.00!). It's bigger than a Honda Civic and doesn't say no to anything... Dewalt carried it in yellow for a while, but it's been off the shelf for a couple of years now, replaced by....well....nothing I guess.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes