Sun tanning wood

I made a cherry and maple cutting board and I want to hasten the darkening of the cherry. I already applied some tung-poly and I have it out in the sun.
Should I wait until the tung-poly has cured before tanning in the sun? I assume the sun will speed up the curing process as well.?.
Thanks
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com
The sun will quicken the drying/curing of the tung/poly, but, I do not think it is advisable to do so. Best to let the curing (really drying of the VOC's by outgassing) proceed at its own pace at ambient I'd think. As to darkening by putting the piece in the sun, never heard of such a thing. I have an all cherry wall unit, lower unit houses cd's/junk upper is a glass enclosed book case. It is in a shady part of the room and has darkened up quite a bit over the last two years. Amazing color difference when I took the upper section down, there is a bright square where the light doesn't get to it. Isn't some of this due to oxidation as well? john Stoutman wrote:

jk wrote:

the finish has a UV blocker, direct bright sunlight will darken the cherry fairly quickly. Normally I would do the exposure before applying the finish.
Jess.S