Suitable Rough Saw

I have some old floor boards and fence posts which I want to cut up to burn in a stove. Would an ordinary reciprocating saw with a demolition blade or a DeWalt alligator saw be better for this job?

The recip. saw would work, but if the floor boards are really old, they may be tinder dry.....meaning they will give off sparks like the 4th of July Not sure what the posts would do.
have some old floor boards and fence posts which I want to cut up to<BR>&gt; burn in a stove.&nbsp; Would an ordinary reciprocating saw with a<BR>&gt; demolition blade or a DeWalt alligator saw be better for this job?<BR>&gt;<BR>The recip. saw would work, but if the floor boards are really old, they may <BR>be tinder dry.....meaning they will give off sparks like the 4th of July Not <BR>sure what the posts would do.&nbsp;<BR><BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Feed those floor boards slow till you find how they burn.&nbsp; Old pine can go&nbsp;up almost like&nbsp;gasoline.&nbsp;</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
message

Thanks Brent..I will bear your good advice in mind.
Rick Samuel wrote:

Amen to that. About 23 years ago they were tearing down an old orphanage and selling off anything of value for pennies. I bought the rock maple flooring (date stamped, IIRC 1907) covered with varnish. Got it up and out and made a couple nice workbench tops, etc. and managed to ruin a Crapsman circular saw in the process.
Scraps wound up going for kindling for the woodstove in house. Damn stuff, split up like giant, 12" splinters burned better than fatwood. Don't think I'd have wanted to burn a full load as fuel. Hot and fast it worked great to ignite great chunks of oak and hickory logs.

I use a worm-drive saw with a nail cutting demolition blade for that type of work. The skil worm-drive is famous and I have one. It makes demolition easy compared to any other type of saws I have used including recips. Never seen the alligator saw in use but it is quite a unique saw from what I can tell. The skil worm drive is a must have as far as I'm concerned. Link:
For only $125!!! I would buy it if I didn't already own it, hehe.