Suggestions please.

Okay creative minds of rec.woodworking. Time to finish the bait shack. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the sod to show up. I'm looking for suggestions as to what to put in the windows. I know that it will at least have 4 panes of glass, but what to put behind the glass to hide the block wall. Fishing lures? Boat ads? I already did a "curtain" on the mill window. I do have lots of old powerline insulators. Purples and greens. Old rusty tools? There will probably only be about 1-2" of space behind the glass once installed.

Pic of bait shack:

in the project pics:
So Cal rains slowed me down but not by much.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

I would suggest a darkened shilloute (sp?) of an old fisher man with a funky old hat and a pipe.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Concrete paint it dark brown and strat some ivy growing. Give it a year or two and it will look great. Add a low-volt spotlight shining an amber or pale blue light from above.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

The famous Hitchcock silhouette. (sp?)

Reply to
Robatoy

Mark and Kim Smith wrote in news:d3jsu3 $ snipped-for-privacy@dispatch.concentric.net:

Remember the old pop song "two silhouettes on the shade"...?

That would qualify as that ever popular quiet, good taste, no?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Neon sign promoting your favorite beverage(s).

--

  • TomH + antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

Also:

TomH

pictures of whatever is on the other side of the wall? like you're looking through it at a house or a horizon/sun rise, etc...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:45:02 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

I'm trying not to. I really disliked my sister's "top 40" crap. Gimme Blue Oyster Cult or Black Sabbath any time. ;)

Speaking of good taste, I want to see one of these beauts in every one of your yards this year, Wreckers!

(No, it's not my PD art, I just thought you should see it. I salute the artist, whoever that may be.)

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks all! You have given me some great ideas!!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith